Dance Dance Evolution

About 6 or 7 years ago I made a mistake. My friends and I performed the NSync Bye Bye Bye dance in public.

I need to qualify this layer of my life's story, so here goes. My 3 friends and I performed at a Locks For Love event as the greatest boy band of all time. We performed the dance- which brought the house down by the way- and then we shaved our heads for wigs to be used by cancer patients.

I am not embarrassed by that in the least bit- this is where the embarrassment starts. Three weeks later my friends and I were at a club and the girls we were with asked us to do the dance. Our performance was legendary, amiable, and charming- in the context of the cancer research fundraiser. In some random dance club in California we were outcasts and had our sexuality questioned multiple times. Even though our rendition was pretty on point, we were miles away from competing for a spot on "So You Think You Can Dance."

I bring this up because I came across this video of four friends- that can actually dance and should perform this dance in every club in the country.

Bye- Bye- Bye !

No comments: