Democracy Is Dead

A democratic government, which is what we supposedly have in this country, is one in which the supreme power lies within the will of the people. Democratic literally means "Ruled By The People." Demos=People and Kratos=Rule; hence Democratic, The People Rule. This video is a clear indicator that democracy is dead. Dick Cheney, the Vice President, took this vow as he was sworn into the office he has now desecrated:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter

I am going out on a limb, a short one, and proclaiming that this vow is meaningless, as meaningless as the war we are currently entrenched in.


No comments: