Knock on Wood

I was at work earlier and there was a slight chance that we would have to stay late and search for some documents that one of our clients may have lost. This client is very irresponsible and some what of a document hypochondriac. Every couple of weeks he “loses” an important document and calls us frantically to replace it for him. We never actually look for the document in question because he always calls back within a couple of hours to inform us that he found the “lost” document.

He called earlier. He asked for copies of transcripts from board meetings that took place in 1999. I told him we would get right on it….we didn’t, it’s the document hypochondriac.

By the way our paper work from the 90’s has not all been digitally filed yet, they were all still in filing cabinets in a closet. I’m definitely not gonna do it, I was still in middle school and high school in the 90’s.

The clock struck 4:30 and he still hadn’t called back.

“Hey Einstein we may have to actually find the transcript this time”

“Hell no”

Then I proceeded to knock on what I thought was wood.

4:59

I decided to call our client back and he was upset that we hadn’t found the transcript yet because he for sure lost it this time, fuck.

So we stayed an additional 2 hours locating the requested paper work, all because instead of knocking on wood, I knocked on painted drywall.

To avoid a jinx knock on wood, to reinforce the jinx knock on not wood.

I hate my job.

No comments: