My Teamsssssss

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't but I feel the need to clarify something for the 8 people that read this sophomoric journal. I am a huge huuuuuuuuuge spots fan. I love all sports...not Nascar, because that is not a sport, but that is a topic for another time. I play almost every sport, some better than others and I have rooting interests in all major sports leagues. I am somewhat of a bandwagon fan, hmmm I take that back.

When I was young we moved around alot so I never had the opportunity to create a lasting bond with a "local" sports franchise. For example New Engenders love the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, and Celtics; due to the fact that they have been inundated with those teams throughout their formative years. That was not the case for me. So instead of following specific teams I fall in love with players from time to time and follow those teams.

Alot of "real men," you know the type, the big tough wing eating beer drinking Fred Durst loving men seem to scoff at my fan freelancing. Ehh so what. I just thought I would vent and explain myself to y'all.

At this time I like the Patriots in football- I love Brady and the organization as a whole, in basketball I root for point guards so its is Steve Nash or Chris Paul for me...I like Ginobli but hate the Spurs, in hockey, jeesh, I don't actually watch enough hockey to know what's going on, but just for shits and giggles I will root for the Red Wings...

Why the Red Wings? Because I think it is kind of ironic that "Hockey Town USA" is also know as Detroit, which due to the demographic make up of the town seems like the least Hockey city in the country. St. Paul or Bismark should be Hockey Town USA, not Detroit. I am a moron, forget everything I just typed.

I also root for Man U futbol time because my favorite band (at this time) reside in Manchester, England and C. Ronaldo is my favorite player (at this time). I also love Wayne Rooney but that's cause he seems like a royal ass hole.

No comments: