Getting Drunker

Time- 5:31 am

Setting- My living room couch sitting at my desktop comp


I could not fall asleep since my last post- Why you ask; well I'll tell you why.

Because I did not try.

I have been typing and working on some work related projects and on some personal literary endeavors.

I thought it may be a good idea to drink a little tequila to ease my body's aches. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your vantage point), the aches in my bones have been replaced with alcohol in my blood.

I am a little drunk.

I feel like I should request a personal day from work in about 2 hours.

Typing while half high and fully drunk feels almost existential, but I don't want to tangentially go off on the meaning of life or how we are all one with nature.

I want to go off on how comfy it is sitting on a leather seat with out any clothes on.

I want to go off on how dunking your head in a sink full of water does zero in the way of sobering you up

I want to go off on the fact that living alone does not suck in the least bit, unless it is 5 in the morning and you hear funny noises and are unable to determine if the source of these funny noises is a homicidal maniac hiding in the closet or the suicidal marijuana related paranoia hiding in your cerebellum.

I want to type a 1200 hundred word rant imploring all of you to listen to The Kings of Leon, but I won't because then my favorite band would become your favorite band and that would in turn tarnish them in my eyes leaving me sans a favorite band.

I want to tell you that Patron is not that bad.

I want to ask anyone out there to pick me up a pizza, please.

I want to tell you that I wish I wasn't afraid of guns so I could shoot these fucking un-relenting birds outside of my window.

But I can't tell you those things because I have to either complete this field trip towards complete intoxication or take the high road and ready myself for an 8 hour day in corporate America.

Asta

No comments: