Holy Blitt

If y'all haven't heard about or seen the cover of the New Yorker, then ta-da.

Surprisingly I am not mad about this cover. I think it is satirical. I also don't think it will change any opinions. I think those that believe Obama is a Muslim terrorist spy will see the smallest action as a support of Al-Qaeda. Like for example a fist bump that all of a sudden means "The bombs have cleared sector 12." The people with a modicum of common sense will not have a magazine cover sway their opinion's either way.

Obama supporters, like me have two choices- brush away or get way too pissed off. I will not fault someone for going ballistic, but Barry Blitt is known for toeing the line between funny and "holy shit, he did not just do that." Let's take a look at other Barry Blitt New Yorker covers.

Funny and not too controversial; unless of course Obama was inserted when the phone rang:


It's not satire if it's accurate:

If Clinton's cock could actually speak, it would garner higher ratings than a talk show co-hosted by Oprah and Ellen.

My favorite, and Blitt's most contro...well until now:

I do have one caveat to throw into my argument. I hope that Blitt does a McCain cover portraying Johnny Mac wearing crocs(thanks DONTBECHI) in a nursing home' eating apple sauce during his inauguration.

Fair is fair.

No comments: