Effing Song

I am a huge music fan. I think it stems from my jealousy; the fact that I am completely devoid of any musical talent forces me to love those who possess the talent. I went to a show a couple of nights back, it was a punk show, rock out. The show was flab-flippin-tastic, but one song which was encored 3 times was the belle of the ball. It was a feel good song, a love song, a song of hope wrapped up and presented in the punk genre. I bought their cd just to read and relay the Tolstoy-esque lyrics to all my faithful readers, all 8 of you.

You may think that I am pulling you leg, (eww typing pulling your leg made me feel about 85 years old, sorry) but these are the actual lyrics, what do you think, nuts huh. This song is mysterious, magical, complex, difficult, imaginary, thought-provoking, inspirational, intuitional, joyous, immeasurable, ecstasy, and undefinable. I am going out on a limb here, but I truly think that Sinatra is rolling over in his grave today, because he wished he had written and recorded this song. I would actually give a testicle to hear Michael Buble or Tony Bennett sing this song....dream a little dream for me.

The song is appropriately titled "Happy Thoughts," true dat. Ok enough of my facetious comments, I present to you- Happy Thoughts, salut.

Happy Thoughts

Fuck the day that we fuckin met
Fuck your name and fuck your health
Fuck all the time with you I spent
Fuck the day that you fuckin said
You loved this boy with the fucked up head
Fuck the times we got fucked up
Fuck the beer and fuck the drugs
Fuck my brain for the thoughts it made
Fuck my heart for being played
Fuck the 4th of fucking March
Fuck the end and fuck the start
Fuck it all, every fucking part
Fuck the day you slept with me
Fuck the bed and fuck the sheets
Fuck that fact that you’re the best I’d had
Not just at night; but throughout the path
Fuck the way you loved my words
Fuck the words I wrote to you
Fuck the truths I spoke out loud
You fucked me up
You were all I had
Now fuck you
I hope you’re glad
I hope you’re happy
I hope you’re sad
I hope for everything I fuckin said
Fuckin come back and love me again


------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you think? I actually enjoyed the performance and the lyrics...but as you already know, I am a moron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fucking best song EVER. Would they sell it on iTunes?