No Reason Post

I try not to divulge too much of my family life into this journal. I try to write about the most interesting and at times the seediest aspects of my life. But on this occasion I have to relay an email from an Aunt of mine.

As I have stated before; I grew up in foster care and do not know any of my actual relatives, so when I refer to someone as an aunt or uncle it is in symbolic terms not biological, but I digress.

My Aunt became my Aunt because she is a sweet, sweet lady. She was my 3rd grade teacher and I love her to death and she has a strong affinity for yours truly as well. Being a 3rd grade teacher she obviously adores children and I always receive vids of adorable kids from her. She tells me that children make her feel young - not old. She tells me that through children you can relive the wonders of childhood again and again. She may be right, I don't know, because my only interaction with children consists of stopping for the crossing guards as they walk across the street during my commute to and from work.

This particular email included two little girls. The first one featured analysis of recently deposed New York Gov. Elliot Spitzer by a 3 year old. The second one is a 6 year old singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. A couple observations prior to gifting this videos onto you. First- kids are alot more talented today then when I was a child. I am in my early 20's and in this short generation gap I feel that children have made leaps and bounds of improvement in the talent department. When I was 3 I was still wetting the bed and swallowing the loose change that I found on the ground. By the time I was 6 I had matured to coloring outside of the lines and spitting into the air in an attempt to recapture my own saliva with my mouth; and these kids are singing sonatas and grasping complex political scandals; crazy isn't it. My final point is that the little singer girl is freaky good, I almost cried, and I haven't cried since the series finale of Full House; so obviously it takes alot to move me.





No comments: