Sham-Wow

I am addicted to the Sham-Wow guy. This one minute infomercial not only educates but it leaves my laughing my ass off. The spokesman- Vince- is the new Ron Popeil.

Ron and I had a very close relationship while I was in college. When my roommates and I would get home from the bar we would get stoned and turn on the television. DA-DA; here's Ron telling us about a food dehydrator, or spray on hair, or- and this is the best- the Ron Popeil Rotisserie. We were stoned and Ron was showing us images of the most gloriously succulent chicken I had ever seen. It almost left me feeling guilty about plowing throw the bag of Combos that rested on my lap.

Even though I live alone now and can't really afford to get high as often as I did...I plow through those reservations and get high anyway. For some reason info-mercials speak loudest to pot-heads, and woman that own a large amount of felines.

Vince from Sham-Wow is my new stoner buddy. When he praises the German's for their ingenuity I lose it. He is Fred Astaire to the Sham-Wow's Ginger Rogers in their magical dance. When his accent that screams of the Southey projects in Boston gets thickah I picture him in a bar with Sully arguing over the virtues of Sham-Wow.



Sully: Sham-Wow ain't shit, Bounty is the truth

Sham-Wow Guy: The thickah quickah pickah uppah has got squat on my impervious sham-wow. How do yah like dem apples. Now shut up the Saux are on, Baaaastan.

If I were ever to go to rehab I would definitely need to take Vince and his Sham-Wow commercial with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vince is such a tool! They couldnt even spring for a skin tone colored mic for him.

Unknown said...

what are you kidding the head set is part of the whole gag.. Vince IS cool by the way, Vince told me to tell you, " your gonna love my nuts!" Slap. Chop. my nuts haha