Snoop VS Janet

When I was in elementary school I received a CD walk man as a gift and couldn't wait to make the trek out to Best Buy and make a best buy. I chose Snoop Dog's first album- Doggy Style- to be my first album.

For three days I memorized the raps and bobbed my head with every syncopated beat that flowed through the earphones that were too large for my head.

And then it happened. I lost my beats. The place I was staying at the time was pretty conservative and the CD's content came to light and I lost it, because they lost it.

They took it away and I cried, like a bitch. They must have felt bad for me because they exchanged the CD for another hot album- Janet Jackson's- Janet.

I wasn't happy about it but I needed to put my CD player to good use until I became adult enough to buy my own music. So I memorized all the words to her songs and I bobbed my head to the beat.

Now that I'm a tad bit older I feel that that CD exchange may have changed my life.

If I had continued to listen to Snoop instead of Janet I may have become a rap battle superstar.

If I had continued to listen to Snoop instead of Janet I may not be afraid of getting into a fight now.

If I had continued to listen to Snoop instead of Janet I may be able to do one armed push-ups instead of girl push-ups.

If I had continued to listen to Snoop instead of Janet I may not dress in flat front chinos and wear Dickies instead.

If I had continued to listen to Snoop instead of Janet I may wear Chuck Taylor's to work in lieu of the Kenneth Cole's that now adorn my feet.

Who knows what would have become of me. This debate may shape the rest of my days, Snoop vs Janet.

Well I have to go get a manicure....I am sure I would not be doing this if I continued with Snoop.

No comments: